6.14.2004

Smooth


I'm just sitting here at the moment, listening to music. A little bit of everything, but mostly 60s and 70s Soul. The Chi-Lites, The Stylistics, O'Jays and The Spinners. It's really soothing music. I have no idea how I got into this kind of music since it wasn't listened to around my household, but somehow I did and it's one of my favorites styles.

These guys make everything seem so perfect, from falling in love to breaking up, it was always good. Just sing a song and make everything ok.
Have You Seen Her
by The Chi-Lites


Oh, I see her face everywhere I go
On the street and even at the picture show
Have you seen her
Tell me have you seen her

Oh, I hear her voice as the cold winds blow
In the sweet music on my radio
Have you seen her
Tell me have you seen her


Kiss and Say Goodbye
by The Manhattans


I had to meet you here today
There's just so many things to say
Please don't stop me 'til I'm through
This is something I hate to do
We've been meeting here so long
I guess what we done, oh was wrong
Please darlin', don't you cry
Let's just kiss and say goodbye (Goodbye)


She Used To Be My Girl
by O'Jays


I respect her
When she was mine
I used to make love to her (oh)
She wanted more than I could give
But as long as I live
She'll be my girl


No comments: