6.22.2004

Beasties and Killers and Others


I downloaded the new Beastie Boy album To The 5 Boroughs yesterday. I've heard a lot of good reviews on it but finally got it because of Mike's recommendation. I've never been a huge fan of the Beasties but I respect their music. I find it a little whiny when it comes to their voices but they usually have good beats. So I've been listening to it all day and I actually like it. It's very refreshing in this scene of Lil' John, 50 Cent and Bling Bling. It's got that old school feel with modern beats. Their voices are still high pitched but overall I liked it.

I also downloaded The Killers Hot Fuss after Josh Ellis mentioned them. I guess they started out in Vegas but I'd never heard of them. I like them so far. They have an eighties synth-pop feel to them which I enjoy but with a name like The Killers, I expected it to be a lot harder. I definetley enjoy them more than the Shins or Granddaddy.

Also, in the last month I've downloaded the following: Usher, Johnny Cash, Nina Simone, Kill Bill Soundtrack, Barry White, and Smashing Pumpkins among a few others. I've updated my DL list for the year. Check it out.

No comments: