10.22.2003

Blank Slate



I haven't had anything to blog about in a long time. I just haven't felt like anything has been worth writing about. I still don't but I'm forcing myself. I think I'll mention the movies I've watched recently:

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Unfortunately the first time I watched it wasn't as good as it could have been. I was tired when I put it on, and I decided to watch it in Japanese with subtitles instead of in English. Usually subtitles are better than voice overs but I found that not to be true this time. The subtitles were not bad but coupled with my state of mind at the time, I ended up falling asleep during parts of it. The Japanese just lulled me to sleep. So I watched it again with the English voice over and really liked it. I thought the voice over was more natural than the subtitles. This was my first experience with CB and I liked it. I'm interested enough to check out the TV episodes. I liked the music, and the art style. I would have liked a little more sex and violence to go with the R rating and the fact that I'm a pervert but I was let down.
3 out of 5

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
I never saw the original so I can't compare them but I did enjoy this one. It was entertaining, not really scary, kind of gruesome, and it was annoying that, like most horror flicks, it was left open for a sequel. Again I have a complaint of not enough sex. In this genre I expect girls to end up naked and bloody. This one only had the blood. Oh well.
2 out of 5

Kill Bill: Vol 1
I love Quentin Tarantino movies and this one great. I loved the sword fighting, the spraying blood, and the ass kicking. A true homage to kung fu movies. My favorite part was the scene where they tell the origin of O-Ren Ishii by switching to anime. There's things you can show in anime that just wouldn't come across in live action. And a cartoon can be more violent with out people objecting. I mean it's a cartoon. It's for kids. They can't really be violent, right? It was great.
4 out of 5

School of Rock
Cute movie with good message. Funny the first time around.
2 out of 5

The Rundown
Rosario Dawson. mmmm!!! Oh ya, The Rock and Stifler are in it too.
3 out of 5

I can't remember what else I've watched recently. But that's enough for now. Actually this post came out better than I thought it would. Like anyone really cares.

Freon

No comments: